Marine Engineering Knowledge LEC 3 | Marine Courses Center
Marine Engineering Knowledge LEC 2 | Marine Courses Center
Heat engines are divided to two types :
A. External combustion engines.
A-External combustion engines:
In this type combustion takes place outside the engine same as steam turbines which use steam to run , Steam is produced by a boiler.
B- burning engines:
The internal combustion engine is an engine during which the combustion of fuel occurs in a very combustion chamber. the expansion of the extreme temperature and Pressure gases, directly applies force to a movable component of the engine, like the pistons in diesel engines or turbine blades in turbine and by moving it over a distance, generate useful energy.
1- air compressor :
suck air from atmosphere and compress it to the combustion chamber.
2- combustion chamber :
the combustion is happening due to the injection of fuel and compressed air and will produce gases with high pressure and temperature apply force to turbine blades which will rotate in
3- turbine :
consists of a wheels with blades fixed on a shaft , when the gases apply force to the blades they rotate the wheels with the shaft and run with high speed. The rotation of the shaft is the useful mechanical output.
check our free lectures on our facebook page Marine Courses Center
Check also our related course for OOW and For 2nd Mate and chief Mate
- Ship stability LECT 1
- Ship stability LECT 2
- Celestial Navigation LECT 1 | The Concept Of Celestial Sphere
- Celestial Navigation LECT 2 | Systems Of Coordinate Of Celestial Sphere
- Celestial Navigation LECT 3 | Systems Of Coordinate Of Celestial Sphere
- Celestial Navigation LECT 4 | Systems Of Coordinate Of Celestial Sphere Part 3
- Celestial Navigation LECT 5 | Chapter 3 Diurnal motion Celestial Navigation
- Celestial Navigation LECT 6 | Chapter 4 Annual Motion
if you have any question kindly please contact with me via ICQ and here how to contact with me via ICQ click here